This idea for this Cinnamon Roll Cake came to me while I was making one of the twelve recipes of cookies for my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Recipe series!
These Cinnamon Bun Cookies turned out to be my favorite!
This is my veganized version of the classic rugalah cookie, and if you have ever had a rugalah cookie you already know these are going to be amazing!
Soft cream cheese cookie dough rolled up with all the cinnamon goodness of a cinnamon bun!
Only with way less time spent in the kitchen!
So first go make these cookies and then come back here to make this awesome Cinnamon Roll Cake!
A new recipe for Cinnamon sponge cake that is so light and fluffy, after all it’s a spin off of my Best Vanilla Cake Recipe!
With Cream cheese filling and icing and of course those adorable and delicious cinnamon roll cookies for decor!
I’m not sure which is the star of this show, the cookies or the cake?
For more easy cinnamon recipes click the links below!
- For the Cake:
- White or Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
- Soy Milk 1 cup (237ml) *or any milk alternative of your choice
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoon (10ml)
- Cake Flour 2½ cup (300g) *all purpose is ok if you cannot get cake flour CLICKHERE
- Flax meal 4 Tablespoons (36g)
- Hot Water 8 Tablespoons (118ml)
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cup (300g)
- Baking Powder 4 teaspoons (20g)
- Ground Cinnamon 3 teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon (6g)
- Vegan Butter 12 Tablespoons (170g)
- For the Icing:
- Vegan Butter 8 tablespoons (112g)
- Confectioners Sugar 2 cups (240g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Vegan Cream Cheese 2 -8ounce packages (454g)
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- 1 Recipe Cinnamon Bun Cookies
- For the cake: Combine the flax meal with the hot water and let stand to thicken
- Add the vinegar to the soy milk to sour then add the vanilla extract
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- Cream the vegan butter with the sugar until light and fluffy and this may take about 3-5 minutes on medium to high speed
- Add the flax paste to the creaming mixture while mixing on medium speed, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to incorporate evenly, whip on high for 30 seconds
- Add about ⅓ of the flour to the creamed mixture while mixing on low speed just until combined, then add half of the soured milk
- Add another ⅓ of the flour and then the remaining sour milk
- Add the last amount of flour and mix just to combine evenly.
- Portion the batter between your greased and parchment lined cake pans and bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers.
- Cool in the cake tin until you can safely touch them with your hands and then flip them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Next make the icing: Mix the softened vegan butter with the confectioners sugar until smooth
- Add the vanilla extract and the apple cider vinegar then add the vegan cream cheese and blend smooth, mix gently or the vegan cream cheese can get too soft and soupy (you can mix this entire icing recipe by hand too)
Store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator covered for freshness