By now you must see how easy it is to use all of my base recipes to create thousands of amazing cakes!
Today I am using my favorite and of course it’s chocolate!
Combined with my best vegan buttercream loaded up with Biscoff Cookie Butter *not sponsored
You instantly have Cookie Butter Crunch Cake!
In no time you will have yourself a fantastic new layer cake to add to your collection!
The Cookie Butter Crunch Balls are an optional garnish but believe me if you make them you really don’t even need this cake! LOL
They are so good on their own you can seriously just stop right there!
Completely joking though, because I urge you to make this cake in it’s entirety!
The moist chocolate cake layers, crunchy cookie butter filling and creamy cookie butter buttercream all go together just perfectly!
If you cannot get Biscoff Cookie Butter for some reason you can simply sub in peanut butter for an equally amazing cake!
Nutter Butter Cookies are also accidentally vegan or you can always just make your own with my recipe here!
This recipe even makes cupcakes too!
Just follow the recipe as listed below but instead bake the batter into cupcakes.
Filling each cavity 3/4 full and baking at same temperature, they should be ready in about 18-20 minutes!
But for those who are here for the layer cake, let’s go!
Surprisingly this time I am using 8″ cake pans that will then be torted to make 4 total layers.
If you have 4 -8″ pans then you can divide the batter evenly and bake 4 separate layers
But if not just slice them after baking when they are cooled *as shown in the video
For more of the best layer cake creations, click the links below!
Grease and parchment line your cake pans and preheat the oven to 350°F
- 1 Recipe Vegan Buttercream
- 1 Recipe Chocolate Cake
- 1 package (8.8oz) Biscoff Cookies
- 1 Jar (14oz) Biscoff Cookie Butter
- approx 1½ cups leftover Cake Scraps from the trimmings for cookie butter crunch balls *optional garnish
- 1 Recipe Vegan Ganache
- 4 ounces each Non Tempering Vegan Chocolate(white & dark) for cookie butter balls *optional
- First prepare the recipes as per the instructions on each individual blog post
- I baked 8" cakes this time and they took approximately 35 minutes to bake, but be sure to check at 25minutes and go from there, toothpick test for doneness
- When the cake layers are cooled, trim the tops *reserve the trimmings and then torte each cake so you have a total of 4 layers.
- Reserve 8 of the Biscoff cookies for garnish then chop the rest of the package into medium-fine crumbs
- Add half jar of cookie butter to the buttercream at the last stage of mixing, then divide that entire portion in half and add half package of the chopped cookies to half of the buttercream this will be the crunchy cookie butter cake filling
- In a large mixing bowl combine leftover cake scraps ( I used vanilla cake from a previous project, but you can use the trimmed chocolate cake from this recipe instead) the other half of the cookie butter and the other half of the chopped cookies.
- Mix until it is all uniform & evenly distributed then scoop into balls, roll the balls with your hands and then refrigerate while you melt your white & dark chocolates.
- Coat the balls with the dark chocolate first and then plunge into the white chocolate for a swirled effect. Transfer to the parchment lined sheet pan to set.
- Now build your cake as per the video tutorial, with the cookie butter crunch buttercream filling and cookie butter buttercream icing.
- Once iced, pour the ganache drip around the edges and garnish with reserved cookies & cookie butter crunch balls
Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Serve cold or at room temperature, your perference