It’s always Girl Scout Cookie season when you can make them yourself!
My favorite Girl Scout Cookie of all time has always been the Samoa a.k.a Caramel Delight depending on where you reside in the USA.
Buttery shortbread cookie with coconut and caramel and chocolate on the bottom and top seals the deal!
It gets even better than just these knock off cookies because I turned this whole thing into a cake!
Tall chocolate cake layers filled with caramel coconut buttercream and cookie butter icing!
The caramel layer I added in between the layers of cake and coconut caramel buttercream basically soaked right into the chocolate cake layers!
While I was disappointed when I cut into it and did not see the layer of caramel as expected; I have to say the cake was so good with that addition of caramel soaked right in!
Copy Cat Samoa Girl Scout Cookies on top are just perfect with vegan chocolate ganache & caramel drips
Each slice gets it’s own cookie garnish!
This is a pretty intense building on recipes project, so it is wise to make many of these recipes in advance
However on the day you are building the cake it is a very simple assembly.
Just follow along with all the recipes below and then on the day you need the cake, just put it all together.
Notes for Success:
The cake layers can be made one or two days in advance, wrapped airtight and refrigerated.
Caramel can be made up to 1 week in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Buttercream can also be made up to 1 week in advance, stored in the refrigerator, then bring it to room temperature and re-whip the day you are to assemble the cake.
Ganache can also be made up to 1 week in advance and then rewarmed before pouring onto the cake.
Those cookies stay beautifully in the freezer for up to 1 month!
I had mine in the freezer for one month and they were as good as the that I made them!
For More Copy Cat Girl Scout Cookies click the links below!
- 1 Recipe Chocolate Cake baked in 3-6" or 7" Pans
- 1 Recipe American Buttercream
- 1 Jar 10 ounces Biscoff Cookie Butter
- 1 Recipe Girl Scout Samoa Cookies
- 1 Recipe Vegan Ganache
- ½ Recipe Caramel Sauce *I used Deborah's recipe from Vegan Kitchen Magick it is the best!
- Toasted Coconut unsweetened flakes 1½ cups
- Prepare all your recipes as per the instructions on each blog post. The notes above this recipe will give you a good guide as to how far in advance you can prepare to make the day of assembly a breeze!
- Add the cookie butter to approximately ¾ of the buttercream recipe and the other ¼ gets 1¼ cup of the toasted coconut and approximately ½ cup of the cooled caramel recipe.
- Assemble the cake as shown in the video tutorial.
The uncut cake will stay fresh as the buttercream acts as a great seal to protect the cake from drying out