Who doesn’t love a cuppa hot chocolate?
Well here’s a fun and easy cupcake decoration for the upcoming cold weather!
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with the cutest little mug of hot chocolate on top!
Double chocolate cupcake stuffed with mint buttercream
Crushed peppermint candy sprinkled on each one
My bakery recipe for fudge icing is my all time favorite for super fudge cupcakes!
But if you want to eliminate an extra recipe simply make a full recipe of buttercream
And turn it into chocolate buttercream instead just by adding in some cocoa paste!
This website may contain links as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, which means when you click a link and make a purchase through my website I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you
Tools I am Using:
- First prepare the chocolate cake recipe as per the instructions on that recipe post but bake the batter into cupcakes, they will bake for approximately 18-22 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- While the cupcakes are cooling make the marshmallow mugs by carefully cutting the candy canes to make the mug handle *see video
- Use the broken candy cane pieces to crush up for the garnish on each cupcake
- Melt the vegan white chocolate and then attache thee mug handle to each marshmallow
- Next make the buttercream recipe according to the instructions on that recipe post and add 1-2 teaspoons of mint extract at the last stage of mixing *to taste
- Next make the fudge icing according to that recipe post
- Stuff the cupcakes with the mint buttercream and also pipe the "cream" on top of each marshmallow mug to look like a mug topped with whipped cream
- Pipe the fudge icing onto each cupcake and then place the marshmallow mug on each one, sprinkle with the crushed candy cane powder
Hot chocolate cupcakes can be kept at room temperature for several hours in a cool spot, but the fudge icing can tend to get droopy if the room is too warm
I usually refrigerate mine until serving
Will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days