Pink Lemonade Confetti Bundt Cake!
Think: pink velvet cake spiked up with lots of lemons and glazed with confetti icing!
Another highlighted recipe from my cookbook Modern Vegan Baking
Perfect for Valentine’s Day or no occasion at all!
You are going to love this finely textured cream cheese pound cake
Also great for making into cupcakes if you aren’t feeling the bundt cake style!
Notes for Success:
If you can’t get EnerG egg replacer add one more tablespoon flax meal and increase the baking powder by another ¼ teaspoon
I only use Tofutti Cream Cheese for my BAKED recipes. *not sponsored
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes.
For some reason the other more expensive brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
Baking this batter into regular cake pans will also work for a traditional layer cake that would be amazing with my buttercream recipe!
Divide the batter between 2-8″ pans greased and parchment lined, bake time will probably be around 30 minutes
Vegan confetti sprinkles really make this cake so fun!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE FOR HOW TO MAKE THIS CAKE!
For more Valentine’s Day ideas click the links below!
Red Velvet Cake for Valentines Day
- For the Cake:
- All Purpose Flour 1¾ cup (220g)
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cups (300g)
- Vegan Butter 9 Tablespoons (128g)
- Vegan Cream Cheese ⅔ cup (170g) *see notes for success
- EnerG Egg Replacer 2 teaspoons
- Flax Meal 2 Tablespoons (16g)
- Hot Water 2 Tablespoons (30ml)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice ⅓ cup
- Pure Lemon Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Vanilla Extract ½ teaspoon
- Lemon Zest from 2 lemons (approx 2 teaspoons)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Pink Food Color2 drops *optional
- For the Glaze:
- Confectioner's Sugar 1 cup (120g)
- Plant Milk 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
- Vegan Confetti Sprinkles 1-3 Tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease generously your bundt pan with professional bakery pan grease or a pan spray with flour added for best release
- Combine the EnerG egg replacer with the warm water, whisk smooth then add the flax meal
- Combine the lemon juice with the zest and extracts
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Cream the softened vegan butter with the vegan cream cheese on low speed to combine then gradually add the granulated sugar while mixing on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes
- Add the egg replacer mixture and mix well then add the sifted dry ingredients while mixing on low speed until it is all combined well.
- Slowly pour in the lemon juice mixed with pink food color while mixing on low speed until all is incorporated
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool to warm in the pan then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely and then glaze with sugar glaze by combining the confectioners sugar and plant milk, then top with sprinkles
Freeze (un-iced cake) wrapped well for up to 2 months
Hello Gretchen, sorry to be annoying! In the UK we have kinda vegan soft cheese spread made with soya is this the cream cheese you refer to? Would this recipe work if I used yogurt maybe instead? Going to bake this on Friday after the success of the ginger cake which is amazing!! Thank you for being so kind sharing these recipes, cannot wait to get your book now!! Xx
Hi THANK YOU TOO!
The spread should work, that’s essentially what I am using too. If you do try it with yogurt add it after you cream the vegan butter & sugar since yogurt will just slop around in the bowl and won’t allow the sugar to cream into the fat.
Gretchen, I made this cake yesterday, it was amazing!!!!!
Hello Gretchen!! SOOO happy to see you back! I’m a year behind seeing this post but am intrigued! Going to dinner at the in-laws for Easter and this looks like spring to me! I am gluten free by choice, not necessity. Not vegan, tried it, but… I am also an occasional baker, so not really familiar with recipe substitutions. All that said, my question is in reference to the egg replacer and flax. If I omit it, what do I replace it with? I’m assuming regular eggs, but how many? If I am WAAYYY off base, please fix me! Thank you in advance for taking the time to help!
Hi Lisa! Thank you and welcome back! LOL
#1 I am NOT a gluten free baker at all, but what I do know is for vegan recipes + gluten free it is not a straight 1:1 sub as it can be with non vegan recipes.
#2 since I am only doing vegan recipes now, (about 3 years or so) I cannot say how this recipe will react with eggs added in place of the egg replacer, since it has been formulated to work specifically for vegan ingredients.
(That also is not always a straight sub backwards to adding in animal ingredients again, it does not always work out since again, there have been some modifications to making it vegan in the first place.)
Please help!! I cooked my bundt cake as the directions in your “Modern Vegan Baking” book and it came out extremely short with barely any rise. I think it might be two possible things.
1. When I made the egg/flax mixture it was extremely thick with only adding the 2 tbs of warm water. It says to let it thicken for 5 minutes, but it was a paste from the beginning.
2. I used a non-stick pan and also spayed it with a baking spray.
Do you think it was one of these two things, or possibly something else? I can email you a picture if you’d like.
I used the recipe from the cookbook as well and not only did it have hardly any rise, it also burnt completely on the bottom! I was SO bummed. I used cooking spray as well. The crumb on the inside was delicious and moist but I basically had to cut all the burnt stuff off. I wonder why the recipes are so different.
Instead of vegan butter and cheese I can use normal one
I have not tried that since I do not bake with animal ingredients. It’s not always a straight up 1:1 substitution so you may have to make some adjustments.
Gretchen – are there any alternatives to lemon extract? Would extra lemon juice or zest work?
Zest would be great! Add an additional lemon zest to the 2 already in there and there is already lemon juice in the recipe, no need to add more