Pink Lemonade Confetti Bundt Cake!
Think: pink velvet cake spiked up with lots of lemons and glazed with confetti icing!
Another highlighted recipe from my cookbook Modern Vegan Baking
Perfect for Valentine’s Day or no occasion at all!
You are going to love this finely textured cream cheese pound cake
Also great for making into cupcakes if you aren’t feeling the bundt cake style!
Notes for Success:
If you can’t get EnerG egg replacer add one more tablespoon flax meal and increase the baking powder by another ¼ teaspoon
I only use Tofutti Cream Cheese for my BAKED recipes. *not sponsored
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes.
For some reason the other more expensive brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
Baking this batter into regular cake pans will also work for a traditional layer cake that would be amazing with my buttercream recipe!
Divide the batter between 2-8″ pans greased and parchment lined, bake time will probably be around 30 minutes
Vegan confetti sprinkles really make this cake so fun!
For more Valentine’s Day ideas click the links below!
- For the Cake:
- All Purpose Flour 1¾ cup (220g)
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cups (300g)
- Vegan Butter 9 Tablespoons (128g)
- Vegan Cream Cheese ⅔ cup (170g) *see notes for success
- EnerG Egg Replacer 2 teaspoons
- Flax Meal 2 Tablespoons (16g)
- Hot Water 2 Tablespoons (30ml)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice ⅓ cup
- Pure Lemon Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Vanilla Extract ½ teaspoon
- Lemon Zest from 2 lemons (approx 2 teaspoons)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Pink Food Color2 drops *optional
- For the Glaze:
- Confectioner's Sugar 1 cup (120g)
- Plant Milk 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
- Vegan Confetti Sprinkles 1-3 Tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease generously your bundt pan with professional bakery pan grease or a pan spray with flour added for best release
- Combine the EnerG egg replacer with the warm water, whisk smooth then add the flax meal
- Combine the lemon juice with the zest and extracts
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Cream the softened vegan butter with the vegan cream cheese on low speed to combine then gradually add the granulated sugar while mixing on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes
- Add the egg replacer mixture and mix well then add the sifted dry ingredients while mixing on low speed until it is all combined well.
- Slowly pour in the lemon juice mixed with pink food color while mixing on low speed until all is incorporated
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool to warm in the pan then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely and then glaze with sugar glaze by combining the confectioners sugar and plant milk, then top with sprinkles
Freeze (un-iced cake) wrapped well for up to 2 months