Pink Lemonade Confetti Bundt Cake!
Just look at that crumb!
This recipe is like a pink velvet cake spiked up with lots of lemons and glazed with confetti icing!
This one happens to be another highlighted recipe from my cookbook Modern Vegan Baking available now on Amazon!
Perfect for a pretty in pink birthday party or no occasion at all!
You are going to love this finely textured cream cheese pound cake that is also great for making into cupcakes if you aren’t feeling the bundt cake style!
One important note to make about this recipe and actually ever recipe I share that used cream cheese for baking.
I only use Tofutti brand vegan cream cheese *not sponsored.
I have not had good success BAKING with any other brand of vegan cream cheese.
I have tried Violife & Daiya in BAKING recipes before with major failed results!
For a No-Bake dessert, those other brands are fine, but it seems when they go into the oven it is just disastrous!
Vegan confetti sprinkles really make this cake so fun!
Grease a 12 cup capacity bundt pan with professional bakery pan grease and then lightly coat with flour
Preheat oven to 350°F
- For the Cake:
- All Purpose Flour 1¾ cup (220g)
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cups (300g)
- Vegan Butter 9 Tablespoons (128g)
- Vegan Cream Cheese ⅔ cup (170g)
- EnerG Egg Replacer 2 teaspoons
- Flax Meal 2 Tablespoons (16g)
- Warm Water 2 Tablespoons (30ml)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice ⅓ cup
- Pure Lemon Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Vanilla Extract ½ teaspoon
- Lemon Zest from 2 lemons (approx 2 teaspoons)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Pink Food Color2 drops *optional
- For the Glaze:
- Confectioner's Sugar 1 cup (120g)
- Almond Milk 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
- Vegan Confetti Sprinkles 1-3 Tablespoons
- Combine the EnerG egg replacer with the warm water, whisk smooth then add the flax meal
- Combine the lemon juice with the zest and extracts
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Cream the vegan butter with the vegan cream cheese on low speed to combine then gradually add the granulated sugar while mixing on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes
- Add the egg replacer mixture and mix well then add the sifted dry ingredients while mixing on low speed until it is all combined well.
- Slowly pour in the lemon juice while mixing on low speed until all is incorporated
- Add the pink food color and mix well
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool completely and then glaze with sugar glaze by combining the confectioners sugar and almond milk, top with sprinkles
Freeze (un-iced cake) wrapped well for up to 2 months