Sometimes we just have to go simple when it comes to making a statement.
This recipe is surely one to pack a big punch with minimal effort!
Vegan Sugar Cookies dipped in heart sprinkles for Valentine’s Day!
You are going to fall in love with this updated recipe!
These cookies are slightly crispy on the outside but the inside stays soft and chewy for days!
Of course they are not only for Valentine’s Day since I make these cookie pretty much all year round!
Just change up the sprinkle decor to match the holiday or add chocolate chips or even cinnamon sugar for a snickerdoodle!
And now you can make your own sprinkles click here to see how!
This is a very versatile cookie recipe and so easy to mix!
No weird ingredients or egg replacers here since I am using flax for the binder.
I would suggest to use golden flax though so you don’t see the darker flecks as you see here in mine
Although I can’t say I mind that!
- Earth Balance Buttery Sticks 8 tablespoons (113g)
- Hi Ratio Shortening ½ cup (113g)
- Light Brown Sugar ½ cup (105g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Ground Flax Meal 2 Tablespoons (16g)
- Hot Water 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vanilla Extract 1½ teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour 2½ cup (312g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (7g)
- Toppings of your choice as needed *see video
- Combine the flax meal with the hot water and let it stand to thicken
- Cream the earth balance and shortening with both sugars (with the paddle attachment) on medium to high speed until light & fluffy, this will take 3-5 minutes
- Add the flax paste and vanilla extract and then be sure to scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl after each addition to ensure an even mix.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder & salt all at once and mix until it comes together
- Scoop the dough about 3 Tablespoons each or for prefect cookies use a Cookie Scoop onto parchment lined sheet pans spaced 2" apart then place them in the freezer while you preheat the oven to 350°F
- Once the oven has come up to temperature, take the cookies out of the freezer and drop them into your choice of topping (see video for how to do this efficiently) flattening them slightly
- Then place back onto the sheet pan and bake immediately for approximately 15-18 minutes or until they are just starting to get golden browned around the edges (bake time will vary depending on the size of your cookies)
Freeze the dough for fresh baked cookies whenever!