Finally a sugar cookie that is dairy free and egg free but packed with buttery, sugary, amazing chewiness!
Dipped in hearts sprinkles for Valentine’s Day you are going to fall in love with this new recipe!
These cookies are slightly crispy on the outside but the inside stays soft and chewy for days!
Of course they are not only for Valentine’s Day.
Just change up the sprinkle or add chocolate chips or even cinnamon sugar for a snickerdoodle!
This is a very versatile cookie recipe!
Originally when I made this video I did not have vegan sprinkles, but now I do! CLICK HERE for Vegan Sprinkles!
- Earth Balance Buttery Sticks 8 tablespoons (113g)
- Hi Ratio Shortening ½ cup (113g)
- Light Brown Sugar ½ cup (105g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Ground Flax Meal 2 Tablespoons (16g)
- Hot Water 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vanilla Extract 1½ teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour 2½ cup (312g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (7g)
- Toppings of your choice as needed *see video
- Combine the flax meal with the hot water and let it stand to thicken
- Cream the earth balance and shortening with both sugars (with the paddle attachment) on medium to high speed until light & fluffy, this will take 3-5 minutes
- Add the flax paste and vanilla extract and then be sure to scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl after each addition to ensure an even mix.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder & salt all at once and mix until it comes together
- Scoop the dough with a 2 ounce cookie scoop onto parchment lined sheet pans spaced 2" apart then place them in the freezer while you preheat the oven to 350°F
- Once the oven has come up to temperature, take the cookies out of the freezer and drop them into your choice of topping (see video for how to do this efficiently) flattening them slightly
- Then place back onto the sheet pan and bake immediately for approximately 15-18 minutes or until they are just starting to get golden browned around the edges (bake time will vary depending on the size of your cookies)
Freeze the dough for fresh baked cookies whenever!