Vegan Sugar Cookies just like the ones I made in my bakery!
Sometimes we just have to keep it simple when it comes to making a statement!
This recipe is surely one to pack a big punch with minimal effort!
New & Improved!
These cookies are slightly crispy on the outside but the inside stays soft and chewy for days!
Roll them in whatever you like for whatever occasion you want them!
Just change up the sprinkle decor to match the holiday or add chocolate chips or even cinnamon sugar for a snickerdoodle!
And now you can make your own sprinkles click here to see how!
No weird ingredients or egg replacers here since I am using flax for the binder.
I would suggest to use golden flax though so you don’t see the darker flecks as you see here in mine
Notes for Success:
As I mentioned this is my authentic bakery recipe and we did indeed use shortening in addition to the butter
Shortening will prevent your cookies from overspreading in the oven while leaving them light and fluffy
You can omit this and use all vegan butter if you prefer
For more of my authentic bakery cookie recipes click the links below!
- Vegan Butter 8 tablespoons (113g)
- Hi Ratio Shortening ½ cup (113g)
- Light Brown Sugar ½ cup (105g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Ground Flax Meal 2 Tablespoons (16g)
- Hot Water 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vanilla Extract 1½ teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour 2½ cup (312g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (7g)
- Toppings of your choice as needed *see video
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine the flax meal with the hot water and let it stand to thicken
- Cream the vegan butter and shortening with both sugars with the paddle attachment on medium to high speed until light & fluffy, this will take about 3-5 minutes
- Add the flax paste and vanilla extract and then whip on high speed for abotu 10 seconds to emulsify.
- Be sure to scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder & salt all at once and mix until it comes together
- Scoop the dough about 3 Tablespoons each or for perfect cookies use a Cookie Scoop onto parchment lined sheet pans spaced 2" apart then place them in the freezer for about 10 minutes to prevent spreading
- Once the oven has come up to temperature, take the cookies out of the freezer and drop them into your choice of toppings (see video for how to do this efficiently) flattening them slightly
- Then place back onto the sheet pan and bake immediately for approximately 15-18 minutes or until they are just starting to get golden browned around the edges (bake time will vary depending on the size of your cookies)
Baked Cookies can be stored for up to 10 days in an aritight container at room temperature.
Freeze the dough for fresh baked cookies whenever!