Yes it’s another cheesecake recipe!
But wait! This is not JUST ANY cheesecake recipe!
It’s Birthday Cake Cheesecake which happens to be an exact rip off copy cat of the famous Cheesecake Factory Birthday Cake Cheesecake!
First of all when I saw this come through my feed I was like “Awwwwe hell to the no! I am so making this right now!”
Of course every stitch of it is veganized from the start to the sprinkles; so naturally this is already better than the one at the Cheesecake Factory!
If you know anything about my vegan cheesecake recipes you already know this is going to be a hands down win!
My vegan cheesecake recipe is so incredibly easy because all you do is throw everything into a food processor and whiz it up!
So in order to get right up in the grill of the ol’ Cheesecake Factory with some vegan smack talk
We start with the three distinct layers of cheesecake along with my recent Truly White Vegan White Cake Recipe loaded up with confetti sprinkles baked right in!
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing between the layers and for the icing and well,
What more can I say?
Singing: “Anything you can do I can do vegan!”
Take that Cheesecake Factory!
If you watch the YouTube video tutorial for how I made this cake you will see that it is all really easy to do!
The only thing I would do differently the next time is assemble this cake in a ring mold.
I usually do that for all of my super tall, multiple layered cakes
But this time I thought I could just stack it up as usual
However all the soft cheesecake layers and buttercream started to get a little bit slippery and sliding!
As you will see if you watch the YouTube video tutorial ~ my chocolate cheesecake layer broke into a few pieces as I was building the cake!
Yep, disaster all caught on video!
With just three recipes and a day ahead of prep time, you will see it is really quite simple to do after all!
The cake can be baked days in advance and either frozen or refrigerated until needed; just wrap airtight so they don’t dry out!
I am partial to Sweetapolita Vegan Sprinkles but you can also make your own homemade vegan sprinkles by using my recipe!
Notes for Success:
- For those who want extra stability for this cake I would recommend all buttercream as the icing and filling rather than all cream cheese icing as I used.
While I love the cream cheese icing in this cake, since it is essentially like a no bake cheesecake, it will be much more stable with the buttercream especially if you are transporting this cake or have to display it for several hours un-refrigerated.
- Again I will also highly recommend assembling this cake inside of a ring mold to help it from slipping around like mine did
You can also use a spring form pan with no bottom to achieve the same results as a ring mold without spending any extra money!
- The other thing you will notice is that I am using Super Flower Powder food colors for my pink and blue cheesecake layers.
I love these natural food colors. *not sponsored
They are quite expensive but in my opinion totally worth it as a little goes a very long way, although you can instead color your cheesecake layers with whatever food colors you prefer.
I typically use about ¼ – ½ teaspoon powder per 1 cup batter
- When measuring cornstarch I cannot stress enough that a kitchen scale is the best way to go. Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently
with a volume spoons measure, so while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
Many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don’t know why!
This is from a heavy measure of cornstarch when using volume measuring spoon vs the 100% accurate scale measure in grams.
For more Birthday Cake ideas click the links below!
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes.
For some reason the other more expensive brands I've tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
When measuring cornstarch I cannot stress enough that a kitchen scale is the best way to go. Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume spoons measure, so while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results. Many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don't know why! This is from a heavy measure of cornstarch when using volume measuring spoon vs the 100% accurate scale measure in grams. 1Tbs=8g
I am using 6" pans for all of my recipes to make this cake.
If you do not have 6" pans you can use 8" pans but I would recommend to make the white cake recipe 1 full recipe. The cheesecake 1½ X recipe and the cream cheese icing 2X Be careful with your math! 90% of recipe failure is caused by bath math & poor measuring!
- **Please read the note above and adjust your recipes accordingly!
- ***I am using 6" pans for the recipes listed below
- For the Cake:
- ½ Recipe White Cake
- ½ Sprinkles of your choice
- For the Cheesecake:
- Vegan Cream Cheese *see notes 12 ounce (339g)
- Vegan Butter melted 2 tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons *see notes (32g)
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 6fl oz (177ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid or apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons (15ml)
- For the Cocoa Layer:
- Cocoa powder 2 tablespoons
- Boiled Water 2 Tablespoons
- Food Color or Super Flower Powder natural colors *see notes in text of blog post
- For the Cream Cheese filling & Icing:
- Vegan Cream Cheese 2 Tubs (2cups) (454g)
- Vegan Butter 1 stick (½ cup) (112g)
- Confectioner's Sugar 2 cups (240g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- You will also need about 1 cup vanilla cake scraps ground fine & more sprinkles for garnish
- First prepare the white cake recipe as per the instructions listed on that blog post.
- Add sprinkles to the batter and bake immediately according to the instructions divided evenly amongst your greased & parchment lined cake pans.
- Most likely you will have to wait until the cakes are cooled and un-molded before mixing the cheesecake unless you have 5 of the same sized pans?
- When the cakes are cooled, wrap them airtight and refrigerate until the rest of the recipes are prepared.
- To make the cheesecake, place all of the cheesecake ingredients **except the cocoa powder & water into the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to blend
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix then blend again to a smooth mixture
- Divide the batter evenly into 3 small bowl.
- Add the hot water to the cocoa powder and whisk smooth, add that to one of the bowl of cheesecake batter and whisk smooth
- Add your pink & blue food color or flower powder natural food coloring to the other 2 bowl ans whisk smooth
- into the prepared crust and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes or until the centers are no longer jiggly when you lightly shake the pans
- Turn the oven off but leave the cheesecakes in the oven to cool slowly for another 20minutes.
- Remove the cheesecakes and cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set or overnight before unmolding.
- Loosen the sides and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a blowtorch or by submerging the pan into hot water and running a small spatula around the edges
- Meanwhile prepare the cream cheese icing **or buttercream see notes!
- Smooth cream cheese and the softened vegan butter BY HAND with a wooden spoon or spatula
- Add sifted confectioners sugar, mix evenly then add the vanilla extract
- Mix smooth~ refrigerate until needed
- Assemble the cake as shown in the video or according to the picture and decorate with fine cake crumbs mixed with more sprinkles!