It’s that time of year again when we give all the pumpkin things a little competition
With all things Apple!
Apple Cider Donuts were a staple in my bakery around this time of year
I could not bake them fast enough to supply the demand!
I have always loved a cake donut much more than a yeast raised donut
So for me, these are the things donuts should be made of!
Soft spiced donuts loaded with apple flavor!
The concentrating of the apple cider in this recipe will pack a punch so be sure to take that extra step by reducing the apple cider first.
I also dip my baked donuts lightly into more of that reduced apple cider
And then coat them generously in cinnamon sugar
This recipe is so easy you can seriously be eating Vegan Apple Cider Donuts in less than 30 minutes and trust me they may be gone even faster than that!
This recipe only makes 9 regular sized donuts so you may also want to double the recipe!
Notes for Success:
For more of the best vegan donut recipes click the links below!
- All Purpose Flour 1¼ cup (157g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Light Brown Sugar ⅓ cup (70g)
- Ground Cinnamon ¾ teaspoon
- Ground Ginger ½ teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg pinch
- Ground Cloves pinch
- Cardamom ¼ teaspoon
- Reduced Apple Cider ½ cup *see note above
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter 4 teaspoons
- Ground Flax 1 Tablespoon (8g)
- Hot Apple Cider from the reduction above 3 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Almond Milk ⅓ cup (78ml)
- Cinnamon Sugar *as needed for dipping the baked donuts
- First reduce the apple cider as noted above.
- Combine ground flax seed with 3 Tablespoons of that hot apple cider and whisk smooth
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar with the spices and whisk smooth
- Add the almond milk, apple cider, melted coconut oil or vegan butter , vanilla extract and whisk smooth
- Add the flax paste whisk smooth and then add sifted flour, salt & baking soda and whisk smooth.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag and pipe half way to the top into each of the cavities of a lightly greased Donut Pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 12 - 15 minutes or when they spring back when gently pressed they are done
- Cool slightly to be able to touch them without breaking and then dip in the remaining apple cider reduction, do not saturate them, just a quick dip and flip and then dip them in cinnamon sugar
You can freeze them for up to 1 month