This carrot cake is hands down the best vegan carrot cake ever!
I have been told this by several people so it’s not just me tooting my own horn! I swear!
And the best part about it, is that the people who said this, were NOT VEGAN!
I don’t know why it makes me so happy when non vegans tell me my desserts are the “best they ever had”
Well, maybe it’s pretty obvious since most people have an instant adverse reaction to anything vegan, even just the word vegan get so many people in an uproar!
So to hear great things about these recipes is just a feather in the hat ya know!?
Whether you are vegan or not, you have finally found the best carrot cake recipe ever!
- Vegetable Oil ¾ cup (177ml)
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (140g)
- Cake Flour ½ cup (60g)
- Baking Powder 1 teaspoon (4g)
- Baking Soda 1teaspoon (4g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon 1¾ teaspoons
- Brown Sugar ½ cup (105g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Ground Flax Seeds 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Hot Water 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vanilla Extract 1½ teaspoons (7ml)
- Carrots 4 medium (approx 2 cups 250g)
- Granny Smith Apple 1 medium peeled approx ¾ cup
- Orange Zest from ¼ large orange approx 1 teaspoon
- Toasted Walnuts ¾ cup plus more for garnish *optional
- Combine the flax with the hot water and let stand to thicken
- In a large bowl combine the sugars with the oil, vanilla extract and the flax mixture, whisk smooth
- Add the orange zest
- Then sift together all of the dry ingredients directly into the bowl and whisk smooth
- Add the grated carrots and apple and the nuts then mix smooth
- Pour batter into greased cake pans and bake immediately at 350°F in a preheated oven for approximately 25-40 minutes depending on the size of your pans. Bake Until they are Done
- Cool cakes while you prepare the Cream Cheese Icing recipe below and then assemble cake as shown in the video
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- Vegan Cream Cheese 2 Tubs (2cups) (454g)
- Earth Balance 1 stick (½ cup) (112g)
- Confectioner's Sugar 2 cups (240g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Vegan Buttercream 1 cup *optional
- Smooth cream cheese and butter with a paddle attachment
- Add sifted confectioners sugar, blend on low just to combine
- Add extract then add optional vegan buttercream icing
- Mix smooth