I’m on a Cream Pie HOT STREAK!
It doesn’t get easier than this!
No Bake! No Nuts! No Mixers required!
With your favorite sandwich cookie for the crust and a super fast custard you are on your way to Chocolate Cream Pie bliss in less than 1 hour!
I am using the Wilton 4.75″ Tart Molds for these, but you can make 1 -9″ Pie from this same recipe if you prefer.
I have been really lazy lately and have been using CocoWhip topping by SoDelicious, but I do have a couple recipes for Vegan Whipped Cream that you can choose from!
You will notice in the recipe below for the chocolate custard that I used both cocoa powder & semi sweet chocolate.
These came out so double chocolate-y and I loved them so much!
You can get away with using just one or the other if you #1 don’t have both options or #2 don’t want them so super chocolate like I do!
If you opt for JUST the cocoa powder though, definitely increase it to 4Tbs and you may want to add a touch more sugar too!
- For the Crust:
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies 36 (*with the fillings)
- Vegan Butter 7 Tablespoons
- For the Chocolate Custard:
- Soy Milk 2 cup (474ml)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cornstarch 5 Tablespoons (40g)
- Cocoa Powder 2 Tablespoons
- Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate 5 ounces (approx 1 cup chopped)
- Vegan Butter 1½ Tablespoons (21g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- 1 Recipe Vegan Whipped Creamor COCO Whip Whipped Topping by SoDelicious
- For the crust grind up the sandwich cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs.
- Add the melted vegan butter and process until it is even and resembles wet sand
- Press this mixture into an un-greased pie plate (9") or your un-greased 4" tart molds (6) and refrigerate until needed OR for a crispy pie shell, bake in a preheated 350F oven for 12-15 minutes to crisp
- Prepare the custard by combining plant milk, sugar, cocoa powder & cornstarch in a medium sauce pot over medium to high heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly to avoid scorching the bottom .
- Once it starts to bubble remove from the heat and add the vegan butter & the chocolate, stir to melt evenly throughout.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour into the prepare pie shell or the tart shells then refrigerate for about 20minutes to cool & set.
- Top with vegan whipped cream & optional chocolate shavings
There is much debate & decision making as to whether you want to accept Oreos as being vegan, since here in the USA the sugar that Nabisco uses to make these cookies is indeed processed through animal bone char.
If you want to be sure you are 100% ethically vegan here, you can make your own Oreo Cookies using my recipe for Copy Cat Vegan Oreos!