I’m on a Cream Pie HOT STREAK!
It doesn’t get easier than this!
No Bake! No Nuts! No Mixers required!
With your favorite sandwich cookie for the crust and a super fast custard you are on your way to Chocolate Cream Pie bliss in less than 1 hour!
I am using the Wilton 4.75″ Tart Molds for these, but you can make 1 -9″ Pie from this same recipe if you prefer.
I have been really lazy lately and have been using CocoWhip topping by SoDelicious, but I do have a couple recipes for Vegan Whipped Cream that you can choose from!
You will notice in the recipe below for the chocolate custard that I used both cocoa powder & semi sweet chocolate.
These came out so double chocolate-y and I loved them so much!
You can get away with using just one or the other if you #1 don’t have both options or #2 don’t want them so super chocolate like I do!
If you opt for JUST the cocoa powder though, definitely increase it to 4Tbs and you may want to add a touch more sugar too!
- For the Crust:
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies 36 (*with the fillings)
- Vegan Butter 7 Tablespoons
- For the Chocolate Custard:
- Soy Milk 2 cup (474ml)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cornstarch 5 Tablespoons (40g)
- Cocoa Powder 2 Tablespoons
- Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate 5 ounces (approx 1 cup chopped)
- Vegan Butter 1½ Tablespoons (21g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- 1 Recipe Vegan Whipped Creamor COCO Whip Whipped Topping by SoDelicious
- For the crust grind up the sandwich cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs.
- Add the melted vegan butter and process until it is even and resembles wet sand
- Press this mixture into an un-greased pie plate (9") or your un-greased 4" tart molds (6) and refrigerate until needed OR for a crispy pie shell, bake in a preheated 350F oven for 12-15 minutes to crisp
- Prepare the custard by combining plant milk, sugar, cocoa powder & cornstarch in a medium sauce pot over medium to high heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly to avoid scorching the bottom .
- Once it starts to bubble remove from the heat and add the vegan butter & the chocolate, stir to melt evenly throughout.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour into the prepare pie shell or the tart shells then refrigerate for about 20minutes to cool & set.
- Top with vegan whipped cream & optional chocolate shavings