The best part about being a baker on your birthday is that you get exactly the cake you want for your birthday!
The only catch is that you have to make it yourself!
Introducing the most fabulous vegan birthday cake ever~ Cookie Dough!
7-Layer Cookie Dough Filled Chocolate and Vanilla layered buttercream cake!
Complete with candles and all and a striping technique that is way easier than you would think!
With a little bit of planning ahead and a few special tools you can recreate it exactly with ease
Listed below are all the recipes you will need to pull off this cake, keep in mind I have a habit of making my cakes as 7″ cakes.
This cake is a perfect combination of vanilla and chocolate cake layers
Edible cookie dough filling and of course no cake is ever complete without BUTTERCREAM!!
If you only have 8″ pans you can easily make all the recipes I have listed below with 8″ pans, keep in mind by doing it this way you will have a shorter cake with only two layers.
But for those who would like to make this cake exactly as I show you in the video tutorial, you will need:
* I am an Amazon Affiliate so please be aware that if you buy directly from the Amazon links below I get a few pennies that I can put towards my next video/recipe 🙂
So thank you in advance!
Ok so this is a building on recipes project which basically means you will get all your recipes prepared in advance and then you can get to the fun part!
- 1 Recipe Chocolate Cake
- 1 Recipe Vanilla Cake
- 1 recipe American Style Buttercream
- 1 Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies *see notes
- For the Edible Cookie Dough Filling::
- Vegan Butter room temperature 7 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup (100g)
- Light Brown Sugar 7 Tablespoons (88g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Room temperature Plant Milk 10 Tablespoons
- All Purpose Flour 1½ cups + 2 Tablespoons (202g)
- Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips or Chunks 1¼ cup
- Prepare your cake pans with professional pan grease & parchment paper liners.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Prepare your cake layers by following the recipes & instructions on those pages and bake them into your prepared cake pans
- Prepare the buttercream as far in advance as 1 week and then color 1 cup of it blue and 1 cup of it pink.
- Prepare the edible cookie dough filling, by first toasting the flour on a sheet pan in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Cool completely while creaming together both sugars with the vegan butter until light & fluffy.
- Add the plant milk and be sure to scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl to mix well.
- the mixture may look curdled from the heavier amount of plant milk I am using to get the consistency of this dough to a creamy fluffy filling, not a herd stiff dough. *You can adjust this to your liking, more or less.
- Add the cooled flour with a pinch of salt *optional and mix well
- Add the miniature chocolate chips and mix well.
- Divide the dough between 2 cakes pans (*the same size you used for your cake layers!) that have been lined with plastic wrap for easy removal.
- Refrigerate the dough until firm & set.
- Assemble the cake as shown in the video tutorial.
If you are using cookies as the garnish on this cake, First choose the chocolate chip cookie recipe you want to make and prepare that recipe ahead of time
This cake can stay at room temperature for as long as it stays below 72°F otherwise the buttercream can get too warm and will start to droop, especially because this is a very tall cake!
For longer & possible safer! storage, keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week