Behold the S’mores brownie bars!
Summer or not, everyone is lining up for S’mores everything and the first to go are these S’mores Brownie Bars!
Here’s a loaded up brownie recipe that includes a layer of thick chewy graham crackers as the base
With loads of vegan marshmallows followed by a slathering of chocolate ganache!
Just three quick and easy recipes and about an hour and a half you are on your way!
You probably already have everything you need in your pantry!
All you need to buy are the Dandies Marshmallows *not sponsored and
This website may contain links as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, which means when you click a link and make a purchase through my website I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you
Notes for Success:
This fudge brownie recipe I am using is by far my favorite because there are no weird egg replacers needed and the result is the most rich and decadent fudge brownie you will ever try!
And I use a combination of cocoa powder and semi sweet chocolate with brewed coffee to bring out the best in the chocolate
However I understand that some people are opposed to using coffee in their recipes
Coffee and chocolate are literal soulmates and believe me, you will not taste a lick of coffee!
But for those who are really against using it, you can sadly replace the coffee portion with water
In the video you will notice I made this recipe to fit in a standard loaf pan|
But for this double batch listed below it will fit into an 8″ x 8″ pan
For the Graham Cracker Base Layer:
- Nabisco Graham Crackers 10 crackers (there are 9 in 1 sleeve) (140g)
- Vegan Butter 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- Granulated Sugar 4 Tablespoon (56g) *OPTIONAL
For the Brownie Batter:
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups (250g)
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar 11oz (310g) *this is approx 1½ cups
- Vegan Butter 12Tablespoons (173g)
- Molasses 4 teaspoons
- Strong Brewed Coffee 6 fluid ounces (170ml)
- Semi Sweet Chocolate chunks 3 ounces (85g)
- Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons (85g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Chocolate Chips 1 cup (optional)
- ½ Recipe Ganache
- Plant Milk 4 fluid ounces (1/2 cup)
- Dandies Vegan Mini Marshmallows1½ cup
- Additional Graham Crackers for the topping 2- sheets
- First prepare the graham cracker base layer by crushing the graham crackers in a food processor add the sugar and the melted vegan butter and process to the consistency of wet sand
- Press this tightly into the bottom of the greased and parchment lined standard loaf pan, freeze while you prepare the brownie layer
- Bring the vegan butter & molasses to a boil
- Add the cocoa powder & first semi sweet chocolate and whisk to melt smooth
- Add the hot coffee and then transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the vanilla extract & the sugar
- Whisk smooth
- Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into the batter and stir just to combine, do not over mix
- Add the optional chocolate chips to the batter
- Pour the brownie batter over the graham cracker crust
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs
- As soon as the brownie comes out of the oven, turn the oven off & sprinkle the marshmallows over top and place back in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the marshmalllows
- Cool completely then prepare the ganache by combining the chopped chocolate and milk in a small sauce pot over low heat stirring constantly until it is melted and smooth
- Cool slightly then pour over the marshmallows in the pan.
- Add crushed graham crackers to the top
- You can serve this directly out of the pan, or refrigerate it for about 1 hour so it all sets and you can then unmold it, slice and serve.
S'mores fudge brownie bars can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or freeze wrapped well for up to 2 months
Bring to room temperature before serving.