Simple is always best
And it doesn’t get any simpler than two recipes and about an hour!
These Snickerdoodle Poppers saved the day!
For a fast and easy dessert in no time
Grab your best recipe for vanilla cake and your favorite recipe for vanilla buttercream
Baked into a mini muffin tin
Filled with just the right amount of vanilla cream and rolled in cinnamon sugar!
So easy to make and even easier to pop in your mouth!
Hence the name ~ Snickerdoodle Poppers!
Perfect bites of of snickerdoodle love!
What great treat to leave as a surprise in someone’s lunch box
Or give a gift basket of Snickerdoodle Poppers!
Notes for Success:
Typically a standard recipe for vanilla cake will make 2-8″ cake layers
For 24 Snickerdoodle Poppers you will have to halve the recipe
Be careful with your math as most recipe fails happen with math and measuring errors!
The buttercream recipe is going to be more than enough even with half recipe for that too
I usually just always make a full recipe no matter what, because it’s nice to always have excess buttercream in the refrigerator for a small project like this one!
For more fun miniatures like this one click the links below!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with pan grease
- Prepare the yellow cake recipe as per the instructions on that page
- Fill the greased muffin cavities ¾ to the top with batter
- Bake immediately in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or when they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers
- Cool them while you prepare the buttercream recipe as per the instructions on that recipe
- In a small bowl toss the sugar with the ground cinnamon
- Fill each cooled mini cake with buttercream, be careful not to overfill or the cakes will burst open
- Roll each filled mini cake bomb in cinnamon sugar
For longer storage refrigerate for up to 1 week
Freezing is possible for up to 1 month, but they won't look as nice as the fresh made cake bombs