Snickerdoodle Poppers are so fun to make and to eat!
Think bite sized Twinkies! Only way better!
My favorite recipe for bakery style yellow cake is at it again!
But of course any cake recipe you love the most will be perfect here!
Filled with just the right amount of vanilla cream and rolled in cinnamon sugar!
What great treat to leave as a surprise in someone’s lunch box
Or give a gift basket of Snickerdoodle Poppers!
Notes for Success:
My standard recipe for vanilla cake will make 2-8″ cake layers so for 24 mini Snickerdoodle Poppers you will have to halve the recipe
Be careful with your math as most recipe fails happen with math and measuring errors!
The buttercream recipe is going to be more than enough even with half recipe for that since I like to have excess in my refrigerator for those “never know” moments!
For more fun miniatures like this one click the links below!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with pan grease but no paper liners
- Prepare the yellow cake recipe as per the instructions on that page
- Fill the greased muffin cavities 3/4 to the top with batter
- Bake immediately in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or when they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers
- Cool them while you prepare the buttercream recipe as per the instructions on that recipe
- In a small bowl toss the sugar with the ground cinnamon
- Fill each cooled mini cake with buttercream, be careful not to overfill or the cakes will burst open
- Roll each filled mini cake bomb in cinnamon sugar
- For filling, there is no need to hollow out the cupcake, just poke right into it with a pastry tip *as shown in the picture above)
Snickerdoodle poppers can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days in an airtight container
For longer storage refrigerate for up to 1 week
Freezing is possible for up to 1 month, but they won't look as nice as the freshly made ones