Ok so maybe it’s not really two ingredient chocolate mousse since I added peanut butter & maple syrup to mine.
But it can totally be two ingredient chocolate mousse if you leave those two things out!
Silken tofu and chocolate together make for an excellent chocolate mousse, although I will be honest it does seem more like pudding than mousse, but hey what can I tell ya!?
You will be so surprised at how easy this is to make and how awesome it tastes with no lingering “tofu taste” as some desserts made from todu can have!
I did use dark chocolate (72% cacao) for this which is why it was necessary (in my opinion) to add that maple syrup for added sweetness and peanut butter… well.. it’s peanut butter!
Definitely not necessary and this recipe will still be great, but again if your chocolate is sweeter than mine (like a 56% may be better) you won’t need the maple at all.
- Silken Tofu 300g
- Semi Sweet Chocolate 100g
- Maple Syrup *optional 2-4 Tbs
- Peanut Butter *optional ¼- ½ cup
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave then add all (or as many as you are using) the ingredients together into a food processor and process smooth
- Portion into serving cups, refrigerate to set - approx 1 -2 hours