Your search for the best vegan cheesecake recipe just ended here.
But your Vegan Snickerdoodle Cheesecake dreams just cake true
This is the ultimate base recipe and canvas from where all those other flavors were derived
My vegan cheesecake recipes always start off with this base ratio of ingredients and from here I spin off into dozens maybe hundreds of flavor combinations!
Snickerdoodle Cookies for the crust and of course to garnish each slice
This part is optional but it really does bring it all home!
Notes for Success:
Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume/spoons measure
So while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
Many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don’t know why!
This is from a heavy measure of cornstarch when using volume measuring spoon vs the 100% accurate scale measure in grams.
I only use Tofutti Cream Cheese for my BAKED recipes *not sponsored
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes; for some reason the other more expensive brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
Other viewers have commented on other brands and one noted having success with Violife.
Another person stated they used Miyokos original and it turned out divine!!!
(In Connecticut) Treeline cream cheese and in the UK cream cheese regular supermarket Asda brand
If you are gluten free you can easily leave that out and replace with another tablespoon of cornstarch.
Vegan lactic acid gives the most authentic tang that is characteristic of traditional cheesecakes, but if you don’t have that a bit of apple cider vinegar will do the trick.
So again if you are here just for the most perfect Vegan Vanilla New York Style Cheesecake then just leave out those cookies and cinnamon and you are already there!
You will notice I always bake my cheesecakes in regular cake pans and not springform pans.
If you have followed me from my bakery days you already know why, but for those who are interested to know why?
Cinnamon sugar is what makes a snickerdoodle a snickerdoodle
But for those who want to cut down on excessive sugar I would recommend trying Monkfruit Sugar as an alternative here
For the Crust:
- 1 Recipe Snickerdoodle Cookies *you will only use 6 ounces of cookies for the crust- approximately 8 cookies
- Vegan Butter Melted 2 Tablespoons
For the Cheesecake Batter:
- Vegan Cream Cheese *see notes 16ounce (454g)
- Vegan Butter melted 2 tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons (32g)
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 6fl oz (177ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid or apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons (15ml)
For the garnishes:
- You will need about 1-2 cups of Buttercream of your choice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar mixed with ½ teaspoon cinnamon for the topping
- Extra Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Prepare the Snickerdoodle cookie recipe in advance then prepare the crust for this cheesecake by placing 8ounces (approx 8-10 cookies) in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs
- Add the melted vegan butter and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand
- Press this mixture into the bottom of your greased & parchment lined cake pan then freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
- Place all of the cheesecake ingredients into the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to blend
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix then blend again to a smooth mixture
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool slowly for another hour.
- Remove the cheesecake cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set or overnight before unmolding.
- Loosen the sides and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a blowtorch or by submerging the pan into hot water and running a small spatula around the edges
- Vegan Cheesecakes unmold very easily so flip int out onto your serving platter then garnish and decorate as shown in the video
I only use Tofutti brand Cream Cheese for my baked cheese recipes. I am not sponsored it's just that I have only found success with Tofutti brand & actually Go-Veggie Vegan Cream Cheese which happened to be discontinued.
Cheesecake must stay refrigerated and will stay fresh for up to 10 days covered to prevent drying.
I do not like to freeze vegan cheesecakes as I find the texture changes negatively