Here’s a quick way to transform your standard brownie recipe with one simple ingredient!
Black Forest Brownies is a perfect way to may an easy last minute treat just in time for Valentine’s Day!
I’ve recently been seeing Oregon Cherries in all the shops I visit.
But I thought “I’ve already done Black Forest Cake so what can I do with these amazing cherries?”
Get ready for Black Forest everything and I’m starting with these Black Forest Brownies
And by tomorrow I will be showing you Black Forest Cheesecake with a combination of this brownie recipe for the base and cherries swirled throughout the batter!
My favorite fudge brownie recipe is using cherry juice as the liquid!
Chopped cherries to the batter and you just made an intense cherry brownie!
If you are super lazy you can simply take my Boxed Brownie Hack and do the same thing!
If you go that route you will simply use cherry juice in place of the water I have hacked in that recipe.
Then add 1 cup of chopped cherries to the batter before baking!
I have step by step tutorials for each recipe on YouTube so if you need some visual instruction be sure to click through and check out each recipe and video as listed in the ingredients below
But for those who just want to get right to it, the written instructions below are easy enough!
The ganache icing is completely optional but so amazing!
Preheat the oven to 350°F
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups (250g)
- Baking Powder ⅔ teaspoon
- Salt ⅔ teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar 11oz (311g) *this is about 1½ cups + 1 Tablespoon
- Vegan Butter 12 Tablespoons (170g)
- Molasses 4 teaspoons
- Semi Sweet Vegan Chocolate 3 ounces
- Cherry Juice from the canned cherries 5½ fluid ounces (162ml)
- Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons (85g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Canned Cherries drained and chopped 1 cup
- ½ Recipe Ganache for the icing *optional
- Bring the vegan butter & molasses to a boil add the chocolate and whisk constantly to melt
- Remove from heat
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk smooth
- Add the cherry juice and then transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the vanilla extract & the sugar
- Whisk smooth
- Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into the batter and stir just to combine, do not over mix
- Add the chopped cherries to the batter
- Spread into the greased & parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes
- Cool completely in the pan then flip it out carefully onto a cutting board, remove the parchment paper and cool the rest of the way.
- Prepare the ganache as per the recipe instructions on that blog post and when it has cooled to spreadable consistency ice the cooled brownie then cut into 15 portions