Once again we are in no bake territory with this new improved recipe for Coconut Cream Pie
Summer is in full swing and I don’t want anything to do with that oven
This no bake, no nuts, no mixers required cream pie is the way to go!
Of course I am taking the easy route by buying the coconut whipped topping because that’s how lazy I am right now!
But if you are not going to buy your whipped topping you will have to pick which recipe for Vegan Whipped Cream you will want to make and get that mixer out and whizzing up!
There are quite a few really good vegan options for whipped cream on the market right now and I also have a couple homemade recipes for Vegan Whipped Cream for you to choose from
I love the CocoWhip Topping by SO-Delicious and vegan gluten free graham cracker crust by Mi-Del
Both are vegan and both are awesome!
If you want to lighten this up just a bit, forgo the whipped topping altogether and you instantly have a Coconut Custard Pie instead!
Kinda like when I made these little coconut custard tarts!
But honestly who doesn’t just love piles of whipped cream!
And by the way, this is one really inexpensive dessert too!
For more awesome no bake cream pie recipes click the links below!
I did an entire series for Cream Pies on my YouTube channel so I am sure there is at least one that you will fall in love with!
Be careful with the turmeric, it can have a tendency to make your custard green if you add too much, really just a pinch or two will be fine! You can leave it out, and the custard will be pure white
- Coconut Milk full fat canned 13.5 ounces (1¾ cup) (414ml)
- Soy Milk ½ cup (118ml)
- Turmeric *optional for color ⅛ teaspoon *see note above!
- Granulated Vegan Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cornstarch 6 Tablespoons (48g)
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Sweetened Flake Coconut toasted 1½ cup (125g) **see note above
- 1- Mi-Del Vegan graham cracker crust OR * see Banana Cream Pie recipe for how to make your own vegan graham cracker crust!
- 1 tub SoDelicious CocoWhip topping OR 1 recipe your favorite vegan whipped cream
- If you are not using the store bought whipped topping, prepare the Vegan Whipped Cream recipe of your choice CLICK HERE
- If you are not using a store bought graham cracker crustCLICK HERE for how to make your own
- For the custard:
- Combine the plant milk, cornstarch & sugar in a medium sauce pot over medium to high heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly to avoid scorching the bottom .
- Once it starts to bubble remove from the heat and add the vegan butter and vanilla extract and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the toasted flake coconut and then pour the custard into your prepared crust.
- Refrigerate until completely cold & set and if you wish to forgot the whipped topping, then you have a luscious Coconut Custard Pie!!
- If you want to top it with decadent vegan whipped cream, then top with the whipped cream recipe(or CocoWhip like me!) of your choice and then the remaining ½ cup of toasted coconut.