Peanut Butter Mousse has become my new obsession!
Creamy peanut butter mousse in a pretzel crust
A simple concept
Yet the combination of this slightly salty, super creamy, crunchy and sweet tart will have your taste buds doing back flips!
This dessert can be throw together in no time since it’s no bake and no stress!
Change the serving vessel from a tart pan to a pie plate and add some homemade Copy Cat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top!
You will have to double all the ingredients listed below to make this 8″ Pie as shown here!
Or just keep it super simple and pour this peanut butter mousse into glasses with some extra whipped cream and ganache!
We all know chocolate and peanut butter have always been best friends
Wait until you see what the addition of pretzels adds to this party!
For that crunchy element to this creamy peanut butter mousse delight!
Notes for Success:
You can use whatever brand vegan cream cheese you like the best here since this is a no bake dessert
The whipped cream can be made from my recipe or for an easier preparation use SILK brand whipping cream *not sponsored
For more of the best peanut butter recipes click the links below!
- For the Crust:
- Pretzels 2 cups (for approximately 1 cup crushed)
- Vegan Butter 6 Tablespoons (84g)
- Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Salt optional pinch- I did not use it since my pretzels were salted
- For the Mousse:
- Vegan Cream Cheese 1 package 8ounces (226g) *any brand will work here
- Confectioner's Sugar 1½ cup (180g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup (240g)
- Plant Milk ½ cup (120ml)
- Whipped Cream ½ cup whipped volume
- ½ Recipe Ganache *optional
- First prepare the crust by crushing the pretzels in the food processor.
- Add the brown sugar and melted vegan butter
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased tart pan with a removable bottom
- Freeze while you prepare the mousse filling
- With a spatula by hand, smooth the vegan cream cheese and the peanut butter together
- Add the sifted confectioners sugar and vanilla extract and cream smooth
- Slowly drizzle in the milk and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into the prepared crust and refrigerate to set for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Garnish as you like, I used ganache and peanut butter cups and more crushed pretzles
For longer storage freeze wrapped well for up to 2 months