Valentine’s Day in the bakery is the prettiest holiday!
No need to decorate the bakery because the cakes so it all by themselves!
Pink and red and hearts all over the place!
What an eye popping array of cakes in the display case when you walked into my store and saw all these cakes!
Here is one example of a cake I would sell for Valentine’s Day
It’s two simple recipes for the best vegan vanilla cake you will ever try and buttercream for the filling and icing
But of course you can use whatever recipes you love the most
Baked in a heart shaped pan for Love Day!
If you are like me, and only have one heart shaped pan
This was no problem with my Best Vanilla Cake Recipe!
Due to the baking powder in the recipe versus a baking soda recipe the last layer baked just as perfect as the first!
With Ombre colors from dark pink to light pink with buttercream filling to match.
Buttercream roses to decorate the top are optional, but I have a step by step tutorial to show you how to make them!
The gold luster dust adornment to the white chocolate drip really made this cake pop!
For more Valentine’s Day ideas click the links below!
Notes For Success & Substitutions
For those who want to stay away from chemical dyes to color this cake and the icing
I have been using Super Flower Powder Food Colors and LOVE IT! *not sponsored
- Prepare the cake batter as per the instructions on that recipe post
- Divide the batter evenly into 4 bowls and color them from darker pink to light pink (almost white) with your choice of food coloring
- If you only have one heart pan, that's ok the batter will stay fin on the counter as each layer bakes
- Bake each layer for 25 minutes in a greased and parchment lined heart shaped pan or until springy to the touch when you gently press the center
- Meanwhile prepare the buttercream recipe of your choice as per the instructions on that recipe.
- Divide the buttercream into 4 equal bowls leaving 1 larger portion white and the other 3 portions (approximately 1 cup each) in ombre pinks with your desired food coloring.
- Decorate as shown in the video.
- For the sugar glaze combine the confectioners sugar with the plant milk keeping a more stiff consistency and pipe around the edge of the cake.
- Once the sugar glaze has dried, paint it with gold luster dust mixed with a bit of vodka to make a paint-able paste.
For longer storage keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week