Biscoff Cookie Butter Cheesecake may just be the most perfect of all my vegan cheesecakes thus far!
Not only because this one is topped with my newest cookie recipe for Cookie Butter Cups but because it turned out to resemble traditional New York Cheesecake more than any other one I have made so far!
I am dabbling with Lactic Acid (vegan of course) in cheesecakes to give it that characteristic tang. If you do not have it, you can substitute 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into the recipe instead.
- Vegan Cream Cheese 1 package (8oz) (226g)
- Biscoff Cookie Butter 1½ cup (divided into ¾ cup and ¾ cup)
- Firm Tofu half package (7ounces) (196g)
- Vegan Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- Cornstarch 2 Tablespoons (15g)
- All Purpose Flour 2 Tablespoons (15g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon *I did not add this in the video but thought it could use a little bit~ ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid 1 teaspoon
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Milk Alternative scant 1 cup (7 fl oz)
- For the Crust:
- Golden Oreos or any cookie you like 1½ cups after crushing to crumbles
- Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil 2 Tablespoons melted
- Prepare the crust by combining the crushed cookies and the melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- Press it into the prepared 7" cake pan and freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter
- Combine the lactic acid (if using) with the milk alternative
- Place all cheesecake ingredients (except the second measure of cookie butter) into a food processor and process until smooth
- Take out about ½ cup of batter and add the other measure of cookie butter (you may have to warm the cookie butter s lightly in the microwave to get it to a more mixable consistency)
- Pour batter the remaining batter into prepared pan and then swirl in the concentrated cookie butter batter.
- Bake in a water bath in a preheated 335°F oven for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for another hour.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerate overnight before unmolding
- For a closer look at how to unmold a cheesecake in a regular cake pan, click here
- (Skip to 1:19 in the video for a visual tutorial)
- Garnish as you wish, I used my Best Vegan Buttercream and of course the cookie butter cookie cups
The garnish of cookie butter cups plopped on top of a rosette of my best vegan buttercream is optional but in my opinion, really makes this cheesecake visually amazing!
Not to mention who doesn’t love a Cookie Butter Cup on a rosette of buttercream!? Duh!!