This is one cheesecake that will have your friends like, “No freaking way this is vegan!”
Cookie Butter Cheesecake swirled with Biscoff Cookie Butter
And topped with the cutest little cookie cups that are also filled with more cookie butter!
If I have nailed one thing in vegan baking it is definitely how to make an authentic New York Style Cheesecake in tons of different flavors!
My vegan cheesecakes are probably the easiest of any of my recipes to make
Because it is a simple throw it all in a food processor method and then bake!
Notes for Success:
Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume spoons measure
So while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
Many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don’t know why!
Tofutti Cream Cheese is the only brand I use for my BAKED recipes *not sponsored
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes.For some reason the other more expensive brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
At times I will add a portion of firm tofu in place of some of the cream cheese as I did in the recipe below for a lightened up version and to cut some of the fat calories too.
But if you prefer to leave out the tofu you can simply replace that measurement with more vegan cream cheese
I do have some awesome No Bake Cheesecakes if you cannot get vegan cream cheese and don’t want to risk using another brand!
- Vegan Cream Cheese 1½ package (12oz) (340g)
- Biscoff Cookie Butter 1½ cup (divided into ¾ cup and ¾ cup)
- Firm Tofu drained, lightly pressed 4ounces (113g) *see notes
- Vegan Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Cornstarch 3 Tablespoons (24g) *see note above!
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Lactic Acid
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Plant Milk ¾ cup (177ml)
For the Crust:
- Biscoff Cookies or any cookie you like 1½ cups after crushing to crumbles
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons melted
- 1 Recipe Biscoff Cookie Butter Cups
- Grease & parchment line a 7" cake pan and preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prepare the crust by combining the crushed cookies and the melted vegan butter
- Press it into the prepared 7" cake pan and freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter
- Place all cheesecake ingredients (except the second measure of cookie butter) into a food processor and process until smooth
- Take out about ¼ cup of batter and add the other measure of cookie butter (you may have to warm the cookie butter slightly in the microwave to get it to a more mixable consistency)
- Pour the first batter into prepared pan and then swirl in the concentrated cookie butter batter.
- Bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for another hour.
- After an hour cooling in the oven, removeand refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before un molding
- For a closer look at how to unmold a cheesecake in a regular cake pan, click here
- (Skip to 1:19 in the video for a visual tutorial)
- Garnish as you wish, I used my Best Vegan Buttercream and of course the cookie butter cookie cups
Cheesecake must be kept refrigerated and can be stored for up to 1 week.
I do not freeze vegan cheesecake as the texture changes significantly