I recently completed a new recipes series for The Four Best Cream Pie Recipes ever!
Here is the last one to be added to this series.
Carmel Macchiato Cream Pie!
One of my favorite drinks way back when I used to frequent Starbucks, I loved the Caramel Macchiato Latte drink.
After gaining tons of weight from drinking that literal dessert in a cup
I had to stop giving them my money just to make me fat with the illusion that I was just drinking a coffee!
I’ve always been an advocate for eating my calories rather than drinking them, and this Caramel Macchiato Cream Pie is the best way to do that!
This whole cream pie series all started with an idea to turn my basic vanilla custard recipe into a white chocolate custard.
Paired up with a mixed berry compote and perfect vegan whipped cream
It was an instant hit!
Quite honestly they were all a major hit from Double Chocolate Cream, Coconut Cream and then Banana Cream.
I thought, “I just have to make a fifth flavor!”
So I put out a poll on my YouTube channel community page and the top winning pick was for Lemon Cream Pie!
And naturally I set out to make the Carmel Macchiato Cream Pie first since that was the one I was hoping would win!
Sorry not sorry!
I know, I am the worst when it comes to polls.
Not only does it take me forever to actually make the winning recipe, but it seems I never really make the winner first.
But believe me you will not be mad once you taste this masterpiece!
Introducing in all of it’s creamy, caramel custard glory with a chocolate cookie crust and Dalgona Coffee Whipped Topping.
I have a feeling you are going to love this Caramel Macchiato Cream Pie!
Don’t forget to check out all the other variations on this awesome theme!
For the Caramel Sauce, I used the recipe form my Bananas Foster Cake CLICK HERE The chocolate drizzle is just vegan ganache!
- For the Crust
- Sandwich Cookies 36 each *I used a combo of chocolate & golden cookies
- Vegan Butter 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- For the Custard
- Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- Lemon Juice 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 2 Cups (473ml)
- Cornstarch 5 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar 4 Tablespoons (56g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- For the Dalgona Coffee Whip
- Instant Coffee Granules 2 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar 4 Tablespoons
- Boiling Water 2 Tablespoons (45ml)
- 1 Recipe Vegan Whipped Cream OR 1 Tub CocoWhip by SoDelcious
- For the Caramel Sauce, I used the recipe form my Bananas Foster Cake CLICK HERE
- The chocolate drizzle is just vegan ganache!
- If you are making my recipe for vegan whipped cream, I recommend to prepare the base liquid mix the day before so it has time to get super cold for whipping.
- Also please read the entire blog post CLICK HERE FOR VEGAN WHIPPED CREAM to make sure you understand the recipe and the troubleshooting that goes along with this delicate recipe.
- Prepare the crust by combining the cookies (WITH the cream centers) in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs.
- Add the melted vegan butter and blend to the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the mixture equally into the bottoms of your un-greased tart molds (or 8" pie plate).
- Refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- For the custard place the first measure of sugar and the lemon juice in a heavy bottom 2 quart saucepot - you will need a larger pot for this since cooking caramel can be dangerous and may bubble up when adding the liquids, so BE CAREFUL!
- Cook the sugar stirring gently to distribute the lemon juice throughout and then stop stirring once it starts to boil, place a lid over top just to create steam and help any sugar crystals dissolve.
- Once the caramel starts to turn amber, watch it closely as it can go from light amber to burnt in an instant!
- Add the vegan butter and the room temperature plant milk and stir gently with a wooden spoon to dissolve the caramel.
- Add the cornstarch with the second measure of sugar and whisk smooth as it comes to a boil
- Once the custard boils, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract
- Immediately pour the caramel custard into the prepared crusts and refrigerate to set.
- Prepare the Coffee Whip by combining the sugar and instant coffee with the boiled water in a mixer bowl.
- With an electric mixer and the balloon whip attachment, whip until it is firm peaks.
- If you are making my vegan whipped cream recipe, start whipping your super cold liquid base now.
- Top the custard tarts with the coffee whip, the whipped cream and then a drizzle of vegan caramel and vegan ganache is optional but awesome!!