I recently completed my recipes series for The Four Best Cream Pie Recipes ever!
They were all such a hit that I thought, “let’s do a fifth flavor!”
I put out a poll on my YouTube channel community page and the top winning pick was for Lemon Cream Pie!
So naturally I am making the Carmel Macchiato Cream Pie first since that was the one I was hoping would win! 😀
I know, I am the worst when it comes to polls; not only does it take me forever to actually make the winning recipe, but it seems I never actually make the winner first.
Sorry not sorry.
But believe me you will not be mad once you taste this masterpiece!
Introducing, in all of it’s caramel custard glory with a chocolate cookie crust and Dalgona Coffee Whipped Topping, caramel & fudge drizzles with a dollop of coconut whipped cream too~ THE CARAMEL MACCHIATO CREAM PIE!
Don’t worry, Lemon Cream Pie is up next!
For the Caramel Sauce, I used the recipe form my Bananas Foster Cake CLICK HERE The chocolate drizzle is just vegan ganache!
- For the Crust
- Sandwich Cookies 36 each *I used a combo of chocolate & golden cookies
- Vegan Butter 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- For the Custard
- Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- Lemon Juice 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 2 Cups (473ml)
- Cornstarch 5 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar 4 Tablespoons (56g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- For the Dalgona Coffee Whip
- Instant Coffee Granules 2 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar 4 Tablespoons
- Boiling Water 2 Tablespoons (45ml)
- 1 Recipe Vegan Whipped Cream OR 1 Tub CocoWhip by SoDelcious
- For the Caramel Sauce, I used the recipe form my Bananas Foster Cake CLICK HERE
- The chocolate drizzle is just vegan ganache!
- If you are making my recipe for vegan whipped cream, I recommend to prepare the base liquid mix the day before so it has time to get super cold for whipping.
- Also please read the entire blog post CLICK HERE FOR VEGAN WHIPPED CREAM to make sure you understand the recipe and the troubleshooting that goes along with this delicate recipe.
- Prepare the crust by combining the cookies (WITH the cream centers) in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs.
- Add the melted vegan butter and blend to the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the mixture equally into the bottoms of your un-greased tart molds (or 8" pie plate).
- Refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- For the custard place the first measure of sugar and the lemon juice in a heavy bottom 2 quart saucepot - you will need a larger pot for this since cooking caramel can be dangerous and may bubble up when adding the liquids, so BE CAREFUL!
- Cook the sugar stirring gently to distribute the lemon juice throughout and then stop stirring once it starts to boil, place a lid over top just to create steam and help any sugar crystals dissolve.
- Once the caramel starts to turn amber, watch it closely as it can go from light amber to burnt in an instant!
- Add the vegan butter and the room temperature plant milk and stir gently with a wooden spoon to dissolve the caramel.
- Add the cornstarch with the second measure of sugar and whisk smooth as it comes to a boil
- Once the custard boils, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract
- Immediately pour the caramel custard into the prepared crusts and refrigerate to set.
- Prepare the Coffee Whip by combining the sugar and instant coffee with the boiled water in a mixer bowl.
- With an electric mixer and the balloon whip attachment, whip until it is firm peaks.
- If you are making my vegan whipped cream recipe, start whipping your super cold liquid base now.
- Top the custard tarts with the coffee whip, the whipped cream and then a drizzle of vegan caramel and vegan ganache is optional but awesome!!