It doesn’t matter if you are Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Cheesecake
The best of both worlds just happened right here!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with candied pecans for the win!
My baked vegan cheesecake recipe is becoming quite famous all over the interwebs
So if you have not tried it yet,
What are you waiting for!?”
It’s really simple to make since you just throw all the ingredients into a food processor and whiz it up smooth
Pour it into a gingersnap cookie crust and you just made the best recipe of the fall season!
Creamy pumpkin cheesecake bars with my famous gingersnap cookie crust
Candied pecans are seriously addictive and trying to steal this show
It is recommended to make a double batch of the pecans recipe since they may be gone before this cheesecake is finished baking!
They also make great edible gifts!
There’s really not much more to say here except these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are out of this world!!
You can of course bake this into a round cake pan if you want a traditional pumpkin cheesecake
Notes for Success:
I only use Tofutti Cream Cheese for my BAKED recipes *not sponsored
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes.
For some reason the other more expensive brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
When measuring cornstarch I cannot stress enough that a kitchen scale is the best way to go.
Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume spoons measure
So while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
Many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don’t know why!
This is from a heavy measure of cornstarch when using volume measuring spoon vs the 100% accurate scale measure in grams.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR HOW TO MAKE THESE BARS
For more awesome cheesecake recipes, click the links below!
The Best Vegan Cheesecake Recipe Ever!
Twix Cheesecake ~ Vegan & Gluten Free
I will only use Tofutti brand cream cheese for baking, I have not had good results with any of the other brands.
- For the Candied Pecans
- Aquafaba 1½ Tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Pecans 4 ounces (approx 1 cup)
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Ground Ginger ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg ⅛ teaspoon
- Cloves ⅛ teaspoon
- Salt pinch
- For the crust
- Ginger Cookies ½ recipe (approximately 15 -18 cookies)
- Vegan Butter melted 3 Tablespoons
- For the Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Vegan Cream Cheese 1½ packages (16oz) (454g) * I only use Tofutti Brand for baking
- Canned Pumpkin 1 cup (226g)
- Light Brown Sugar ¾ cup
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons (32g)
- All Purpose Flour 2 Tablespoons (15g)
- Molasses 2 teaspoon
- Salt pinch
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Ground Ginger 1¼ teaspoon
- Cloves ¼ teaspoon
- Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Lactic Acid ½ teaspoon OR Apple Cider Vinegar 1 teaspoon *optional
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Plant Milk 3 Tablespoons (90ml)
- 2 cups Vegan Whipped Cream *Optional
- First make the candied pecans by whipping the aquafaba until foamy. Add the vanilla extract and whip it to incorporate
- Add the pecans and toss to coat well
- Combine the sugar, salt & spices and add to the pecans in the bowl.
- Toss well to evenly coat
- Spread onto a silicone mat or a lightly oiled sheet pan
- Bake in a preheated 300°F oven for 20 minutes, stir them up after you take them out of the oven and redistribute and cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month
- For the Pumpkin Cheesecake: Prepare the crust by combining the gingersnaps and the melted vegan butter together in a food processor and process until it resembles wet sand.
- Press into the bottom of the parchment lined cake pan or 8" x 8" square cake pan if you are making bars like me.
- Be sure to let parchment paper hang over the sides of the pan so you can remove this cheesecake easier once it is cold.
- Next combine all the cheesecake ingredients in a food processor and process smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the prepared crust and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 60 minutes.
- Cool out of the oven and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare the whipped cream by scooping the fat from the cans of cold coconut milk (reserve the liquid for another recipe) whip to soft peaks with the confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Spread over the cold cheesecake while still in the pan, sprinkle with the candied pecans
- **The vegan whipped cream layer is optional, but I kinda like the layered look of this pumpkin cheesecake bar.
Cheesecake bars must be kept refrigerated but will be fine at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Store for up to 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator
I don’t have a large food processor. Can I use a Kitchen-aide mixer instead or Vita-mix?
yes for sure
Good morning madam one request good donut recipes have need help me madam
Or just type DONUTS in the search bar
Hello! I was wondering what vegan cream cheese you use?
I prefer Tofutti brand for all my baking
Hi there! 😀
I have your cookbook and love it!
My oven is not working but I’ve heard great things about using the Instantpot for cheesecakes.
Have you tried any of your cheesecakes in one of those? If so, how long should I bake it?
A million thanks!
HI Kate! I have not tried the InstaPot for cheesecake, sorry!
Hi Gretchen- I’m going to make this on Tuesday. You say you use an egg replacement in the description but the recipe doesn’t show one. Just wondering which egg replacement and how much? I’m also doing something risky.. attempting my own “tofutti cream cheese”.. it’s chilling in the fridge now. Just an expertinent!