A childhood favorite for me was definitely the Funny Bone.
I think it was made by Drakes Cakes.
And I’m not sure why I waited so long to make a vegan version!
So today I decided to meld my two obsessions into one dessert.
Introducing my best vegan recipe for fudge brownie cupcakes stuffed with peanut butter cream and fudge icing.
Yeah, I took the Funny Bone and made it all adult like.
Your first bite will take you back to memory lane and have you back for seconds!
And then my fudge icing recipe basically answers the question of life itself; so although you won’t need the entire recipe for these cupcakes, I recommend to make the entire batch and keep it on hand for whenever the need for a quick cake pops up, or just a spoonful of fudge at midnight.
- For the Brownie
- All Purpose Flour 2 cup (250g)
- Baking Powder1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar 2 cup (400g)
- Coconut Oil 4 Tablespoons
- Brewed Coffee 1 cup (237ml)
- Bittersweet or Semi Sweet Vegan Chocolate 3 ounces
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder ⅔ cup
- Vanilla Extract 4 teaspoons (20ml)
- 1 cup Buttercream
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ Recipe Fudge Icing
- For the brownie chop the chocolate to fine pieces and combine with the cocoa powder in a medium bowl
- Add the hot brewed coffee and whisk to melt
- Add the melted coconut oil and the vanilla extract
- Add the granulated sugar and whisk smooth
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the chocolate mixture and whisk smooth
- Divide batter evenly into the greased and parchment lined molds and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs
- Cool while you prepare the other recipes as per the instructions on those posts
- When you ice the cupcakes, hollow out the centers of the cupcakes and fill with peanut butter buttercream make sure to ice the tops of the cups with some PB-BC too, then ice over that with the fudge icing.
- Top with crushed peanuts *optional
Refrigerate for longer (up to 1 week) in an airtight container but bring to room temperature before serving for best taste