Finally it’s here!
The cake I have been talking about since October!
I have now completed my collection of the most important cake recipes you all should have in your repertoire!
All tested and truly perfection!
This strawberry cake is a triple threat since it is not only super moist strawberry cake, but it has a strawberry compote and strawberry buttercream too!
However this cake can definitely stand up on it’s own, the buttercream & compote brings this cake over the top!
This is the same recipe I used for my Awesome Neapolitan Cake!
AND Strawberry CupCakes!
If you want to make a 3 layer 7" cake be sure to double all the recipe ingredients below
I had 1 bag of 1.2oz (34g) freeze dried strawberries and this was perfect for the cake recipe and the buttercream.
If you are using fresh strawberries for the compote, add a few tablespoons water to help the cooking down process
- All Purpose Flour 1½ cup (188g)
- Beet Root Powder 2 Tablespoons
- Strawberry Powder (from freeze dried strawberries) 5 Tablespoons
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Egg Replacer *I used The Plant Based Egg by Freely Vegan 1 teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar *vegan 1 cup (200g)
- Vegetable Oil ⅓ cup (78ml)
- Strawberry Compote/Puree 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Soy Milk *Or any plant milk of your choice 1 cup (237ml)
- vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- 1 recipe your favorite buttercream
- 1 recipe strawberry compote:
- Fresh or Frozen Strawberries 1 pint
- Granulated Sugar *optional 1 Tablespoon - ¼ cup ~ adjust sweetness to your liking
- Cranberries *optional ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease and parchment line a 9"x9" baking pan
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, oil, vanilla, milk and puree and whisk smooth
- Sift together the flour, beet root powder, strawberry powder, salt, baking powder and egg replacer then add to the liquids in the bowl.
- Whisk smooth
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking prepare the strawberry compote by cooking the frozen strawberries with the cranberries and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce eat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the cranberries start to burst.
- Puree the berries to a chunky compote, refrigerate until needed, it will thicken as it sits.
- Cool in the cake pan, then flip onto a serving platter.
- Prepare your favorite buttercream recipe and add ½ cup strawberry powder at the last stage of mixing.